Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fuel Intake



I will base the following information based on the amount of fuel I use in one day throughout the school year (Aug- April). The following numbers are based on a typical roundtrip.

To FGCU: 2 Miles
To Dinner: 3 Miles
To a store (ie. Publix): 6 Miles
Total gas mileage for a day: 11 Miles
Estimated Miles Per Year (based on all travels): 8,000 Miles

Besides for the fact with the inflated prices for gasoline, majority of Americans seek ways of saving gas by purchasing small cars, using hybrid cars or carpooling. I personally keep a close eye on this as fuel intake is a major concern for me as I have the opportunity to carpool whenever possible with my roommates so gas isn’t utilized by everyone individually driving their cars. By making sustainable decisions like these will hopefully encourage others to go green.

No comments:

Post a Comment