Sunday, May 16, 2010

Water Usage- Do you really know how much water we all really use?



The following information are estimates of the amount of water I use in a 24 hour time period:

Garbage Disposal: 40 gallons
Dishwasher: 12 gallons
Toilet Flushing: 30 gallons
Bathing: 36 gallons
Laundry: 43 gallons
Brushing Teeth: 4 gallons
Shower: 60 gallons

Total Water Usage: 225 Gallons
I knew coming in that I use an outrageous amount of water per day as I shower a minimum of 3 times per day due to my physical activity and by drinking a lot of water, I am also flushing the toilet a lot. I definitely think that there is a lot of room for improvement in water conservation and how I can take shorter showers and do laundry less frequently to do my job in conserving water. If every person does a small part in making a conscious effort to be aware of how much water they are using and wasting, we can all make a huge difference. I know that my biggest problem is I do not pay for the way and I seem to “waste” a lot of it but my the knowledge gained over the past week of this course has made me change my perception on how to conserve and become a better individual to this planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment