Friday, May 14, 2010

Sense of Place


"You can't know who you are until you know where you are." -Wendell Berry

My comfort zone primarily consists of my family with whom I grew up and spend the majority of each and every day with when I'm not in college. For the most part, I'm from a very close-knit family that made any house a home which thus created by comfort zone growing up. With all of my life experiences, I have created a sense of place along with through learning about the environment and the impact that I have on it. As each days goes on and I grow older and wiser, I begin to understand that my surroundings have a purpose and that nature truly does coexist with itself. I am now learning to become an independent and environmentally-responsible adult because I am now fully aware of what I can do to make a difference and what happens today has a direct impact on what will occur tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment